Sunday, March 10, 2013

first post!!

Hi everyone!!

I'm back to blogger after so many years, feels familiar yet strange...

Made a life-changing decision a few months back - straightening my teeth. I'm going to use this space to keep an archive of the little changes that have been made!!

My body has never been a straight one... Don't get me wrong, I'm straight (and I'm still supportive of the LGBT community!), & I love guys! haha it's just that many parts of my body are just... not straight, crooked I might say.

Ok, let's list down the main body parts of mine that are well, crooked.

1) Eyes.

Since young I was told that I had lazy eyes, but I recently googled the term and I think that's not the problem that I had. I think (without any doctor's consultation) that I have is Strabismus, also known as squint-eye and crossed-eye. It simply means that my eyes are not properly aligned with each other. If you still don't understand what that means, it means that when I look straight at you, my eyes seem to be looking at something behind/beside you. Basically it's like this la:
    I should be the 2nd last case..

This problem kinda troubled me too, since young. It's more of a cosmetic problem than anything else actually. My mum was against surgery when I was a toddler, so I guess I gotta fix it in the future after this braces thing is done!

 2) Spine

You remember the body check up in pri/sec school where you have to strip for the nurses/doc? I'm sure everyone has fond memories of that period of time where we were so apprehensive about the event. Anyway, if you'd remember, we had that bending test where the doctor will place a ruler on your back and measure some thing? Ya I got diagnosed with SCOLIOSIS at that point of time. I just means my spine was crooked ,like this:


I was sec 3 back then, so the only way out was surgery cos I think my bend was quite serious at that time? seriously I can't remember much about it but the surgery was fixed at the end of the year during the school holidays. This was mostly a cosmetic problem too, my shoulders and hips were uneven at that time... So I stayed in the hospital for about a week for the operation. And as with any surgery to do with the spine, it was quite a major operation for me. I had screws fixed into my spine to straighten it. :) It was an agonising first few weeks after the operation I remember. I could not move my back and it was so painful to exert pressure to sit up/turn my body in bed. I couldn't breathe normally too, cos they had to insert some kind of tube into my lungs to suck out the water that was formed during the op? Something like that I guess, so I had to learn how to breathe in hard after the op too. And I had to wear this thick and white braces on my body to keep it straight and to prevent me from slouching. It was ugly, but I think I didn't keep it on for long, took it off after a few days cos it was unbearably warm inside!

After that it was 1 year off PE for me (much to my delight!). I managed to get off with no PE for my 2 years in JC, which I greatly regretted till now, but that's another story for another day.

3) Teeth
I've had unsightly teeth since young. Overcrowding at it's best. I was told that my jaws were too small to fit all my teeth, so they are all like overlapping each other -_- Not to mention I have these 虎牙on both sides too.

At a ripe old age of 24, I've made a decision to straighten them.

You know what? thinking back, it might be 一时冲动. hahaha. but too late to turn back now. it's already on me now~

let's take a look at the before...
Photo might be too small to see properly. But if you'd notice, there's a "hole" on my left side, which is caused by a tooth not being aligned with the rest of the teeth. I feel that my teeth is ok on photographs because it only shows the top row. Wait till you see the bottom row...


Yup, they are terribly misaligned/crooked/not straight. So, what was I gonna do about it? So many people are doing braces, I decided to go for it. 为了一生一次的结婚照。 ya damn vain right? But since people say... when you have braces on, you probably can't eat well. so why not? Killing 2 birds with 1 stone leh! Get a pretty smile + lose weight at the same time. What a good idea. I was sold. After much googling and reading blogs and forums about people's braces journey, I decided to embark on my own one.








No comments:

Post a Comment